Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Best Friends and Odd Couple


I was visiting with a friend last week and she pointed out this video.

elephant and dog

I had to blog about it because I do agree that this pair is a pure example of my life and my love for animals. If these two distinctly different creatures could spend hours upon end with each other why can't we all have that with whoever or whatever creature we want? I feel that feature stories are more fun because they tell of weird touching moments that do in fact impact one another. I love doing profiles on people that have been touched by something that is going on in the world. I realize most people would refer to this as fluff but I think this moment was more important that what happened in the stock market today.

I have to be honest the last line intrigues me what if we all could make friends far different from ourselves?

1 comment:

  1. “And those who dismiss love for our fellow creatures as mere sentimentality overlook a good and important part of our humanity. But it takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal. And it is actually within us to grant them a happy life and a long one.” – Joaquin Phoenix | quote from EARTHLINGS

    ReplyDelete